After five wonderful years Waverly Artist Group Gallery and Studio will be closing.
Saturday, November 19th 10am until 4pm
This is our final day of business and we hope you will be able to say goodby and look for a final opportunity to buy a painting at our close out prices.
Our lease expires November 19th: we thank you for five great years of support while we have
brought beauty to your community.
We cannot adequately express how thankful we are for having been your friends.
We opened the gallery with a few goals in mind. We wanted to:
*bring beauty to our worlds because we believe beauty makes us better people.
*make a contribution to the betterment of our community
*have fun i.e. to WAG more and bark less
*collaborate and become better artists
Warmly and with good memories from all of us at Waverly Artist Group
We do hope that over time you will see other expressions of WAG and our desire to bring beauty to each of you.
There are many new paintings and beautiful works awaiting your arrival!
Beth Carrington Brown
I am honored to be a Featured Artist with an exhibit of some of my freshest work showcasing the coast and mountains of North Carolina.
David Stickle-Master Watercolorist, and I will be the Featured Artists of this show: Please join us this Friday, August 29th from 6-9 pm at the Waverly Artists Group Studio & Gallery for the opening of this show.
We will also have live music by our harpist friend Stevan Jackson, and the drumming circle Rhythmicity. Our food treat this month is from Von Fass who will present bruschetta and bread dips made with VOM FASS Oils, Vinegars and Spices.
Come tonight and celebrate with us all the beauty in our community!
Waverly Artists Group Open House
Feb 28, 2014 (Final Friday)
Waverly Artists Group Studio & Gallery
302 Colonades Way, Suite 209
Cary, NC 27518
How like a winter hath my absence been
From thee, the pleasure of the fleeting year!
What freezings have I felt, what dark days seen!
What old December’s bareness every where!
Sonnet 97 by William Shakespeare
Winter has been upon us and we are ready to thaw out, we are ready for the long days of summer. Please come and join us the last Friday of each month. We will celebrate the hopes of warmer days and good fellowship. So we are pulling put all the stops for our Feb 28th open house from 6 to 9 pm. Lets get together and kick Winter out the door and welcome the spring.
Come and join us Friday night and here is what you can expect:
• Pizza from Patrick Jane’s Gourmet Pizza Bar
• Patrick Jane’s Gourmet Pizza Bar
• Amazing jazz guitarist Heath Tuttle, surely one of the top jazzmen in all of the triangle. Heath Tuttle,
• Framemasters of Cary will be on hand to discuss your framing needs. ww.framemastersandawards.com
• Engaging conversation about art with our artist community.
• And now all about the art
• You Really Don’t Want to Miss This
• Last month at our Waverly Artists Group Critique night, photo-realistic artist Jim Dunne brought a large-scale 45″x52″ oil painting that blew me away. His work is inspired by ordinary people enjoying everyday life and this newest piece, Crush, depicts an energized crowd of dancers at Raleigh’s 42nd St. Oyster Bar. It was composed from more than 100 photographs and painted full-time over the course of 7 months. Since you really have to see it to believe it, we will be hosting a special exhibit of Jim’s work this Friday at our Final Friday Open House. You don’t want to miss it! These paintings start in pricing above $19,000.00. Jim will be presenting two pieces of art that have required a year of work. Attached is a cropped version of one of the paintings. This will be the first gallery showing of his work in the triangle and you will be amazed. Do you like Swing Dancing? Have you ever visited the 42St Oyster Bar? If you have you are in for an artistic treat. In Jim’s own words….
“As a painter I am without apology a copier of photographs. It was the early 70’s when I received my education in Fine Art at the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan. The two opposing genre’s at that time were Photo Realism and Conceptual Art. My inspiration is sparked by common people enjoying everyday life. Jim Dunne
Do your art supplies look like this? Join us on a free “field trip”, shopping for the latest and greatest in art supplies. Artists from Waverly Artist Group and Gallery will guide you while you shop, and answer your questions regarding types of paint, substrates, brushes, and other supplies.
Date: Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Time: 10:30 am
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot and get final details!
Join us for our Two Year Anniversary Celebration on Friday, January 31st, 6 to 9pm at the Waverly Artists Group Studio & Gallery, Cary, NC!
As always, it will be a fun evening of lively music by Heath Tuttle and his amazing Jazz guitar, refreshments including gourmet pizza from Patrick Jane’s Gourmet Pizza Bar at the The Shoppes of Kildaire, 1353 Kildaire Farm rd, Cary NC 27511, web: www.patrick-janes.com and there will be wine stimulating conversation, and beautiful art!
Since that time, the number of artists has grown to 19 and the number of ways the gallery has served the community has also grown. The artists, who often describe themselves as “family”, have not only encouraged and supported one another in work and in life, they have sought ways to encourage and support their patrons, other artists, local businesses, and non-profit groups.
– Music Maker Relief Foundation (dedicated to preserving the musical traditions of the South by supporting some of the aging legends who gave us that music)
– CORRAL (dedicated to bettering the lives of at-risk girls and rescued horses by offering riding lessons, mentoring, and tutoring)
– Providing exhibition space for an artist who has pancreatic cancer and recently moved here to live his remaining time with his daughter
– Providing a venue for local musicians to perform during monthly Final Friday Open House events
– Hosting monthly art critique groups, open to all levels of artists
– Hosting art workshops taught by nationally and internationally acclaimed artists
The gallery was formed with the belief that it is better to serve than to be served and that making a difference in the community begins with serving our neighbors. With that in mind, Waverly Artists Group has sought to be a friendly, welcoming place for all who enter and to form true friendships with the other tenants in Waverly Place.
Watercolor, me ? YES! Come see two of my first watercolor paintings!
The Western Wake Artist Studio Tour is THIS weekend! My studio is open tonight from 6:00-8:00pm, Saturday 10:00-5:00 and Sunday 1:00-6:00.
All the info you need can be found at www.wwast.org
Special for Saturday visitors-my studio only-LIVE MUSIC! Featuring the critically acclaimed singer, and flutist Catrrine Ponall. She will bring her wooden, Native American flutes and be performing Saturday afternoon beginning at 1:00pm.
See you soon!
The Western Wake Artist Studio Tour is coming up in just about one month. We are excited to be featured in the September/October issue of Cary Living Magazine. You can check it out online by visiting http://issuu.com/midtown/docs/clm_so13/1?e=1421712/4726917
I love being a part of the Western Wake Artist Studio Tour! Last year was such a great experience! This is a neat opportunity for art lovers to get inside private studios of working artists and see where and how they practice their art, ask questions, check out works in progress and see and have the opportunity to purchase fine art.
For more information about the upcoming tour you can go directly to http://wwast.org/
Mark your calendar and join us for the “Kick off party” for the Western Wake Artist Studio Tour:
Recently I have become obsessed with some amazing doTerra Essential Oils. One of the “powerhouses” of oils is Lavender. It is good for so many things from helping you sleep, to healing wounds-you name it. Of course Lavender just happens to be amazingly beautiful in it’s herbaceous and natural state-particularly in the south of France. I will be heading to to Provence to see these very fields later this year. So-in anticipation of my trip, and while inhaling, diffusing and even cooking with this amazing oil-I have done a few paintings from a friends photographs from her trip to Provence.
I hope to finish framing this painting today, and have it hanging TONIGHT at Waverly Artist Group Final Friday Open House. Please come by and say hi-We will have live music, food and great art. Heck, Ill even give the buyer of the painting a bottle of Lavender oil!
Tune in again soon for the next Lavender Field painting!
Today, Saturday, July 13th I will be working and painting today at the Waverly Artists Group, in Cary until 3:00 pm.
I hope you will come in and say “hi” or hang out and paint a bit! We have lots of new art hanging in the gallery, just waiting to be admired!
We are just upstairs from Whole Foods, so please plan on stopping by!